04 December 2010

ONE WORD

December 1 - One Word.
Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?
(Author: 
Gwen Bell)



When I look over all of 2010 and try to describe it all in one word, what comes up first is health issues...health problems...and how unhappy I feel about them all.  But really, what it all amounts to is FRUSTRATION.  It's so frustrating not to be able to do the things I want, frustrating to feel so blocked, frustrated to be so STUCK in this reality.  But synthesizing the whole of the year's experience, it is the frustration that stands out.  


So, what I hope for (and, really what that means is--I hope I strive for), is HEALTH.  I want to walk for the exercise even if my feet are hurting, write even though my thumbs are hurting, get up earlier even though I love sleeping in.  There is sooo much to look forward to in 2011; I want to be healthy enough to enjoy it all.



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am curious about everything, all the time. Sometimes it's exhausting. (I even wonder WHY I wonder.) It would be so much easier to not be asking "Why?" all the time.

Followers